Hospice Care Service Center in Columbia, South Carolina
Rest Assured Hospices provides the following services:
- Physician services for the medical direction of patient care are provided by either the patient's personal physician or our medical director.
- Registered nurse supervision – As all of our patients are routinely visited by a licensed nurse, our nurses continually evaluate your care plan to assure its effectiveness. The RN will be responsible for all medical treatments ordered by your physician to assure our patient is comfortable and without pain.
- Social work and counseling services to assess and assist with ongoing emotional needs related to the patient's terminal illness. A social worker can provide crisis management and insurance assistance. They can research and connect patients and families with helpful community resources.
- Spiritual counseling provides spiritual support for the patient and/or family on request as well as bereavement counseling before and after a loved one has passed.
- Hospice aides are certified nurse assistants who provide hands-on assistance with personal care needs, light housekeeping, prepare meals, arrange transportation, and change linens or laundry to promote cleanliness.
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy can assist with pain and symptom management. Our therapist will teach family members or assist patient with simple exercises to maintain comfort and increase quality of life. These services are ordered by the primary physician or medical director.
- Nutritional and dietary counseling to assist patient and family members with following and understanding the importance of the appropriate nutritional and dietary needs of the patient. If the RN is not able to meet the specific needs of the patient, a registered licensed dietitian will be referred for additional nutritional education and support for patient and family.
- Volunteer services – Volunteers are valued members of our hospice team that donate their time and services. They provide the "extra touches" needed to promote improvement in quality of life by providing companionship, respite for caregivers and other non-medical services.
- Bereavement counseling to help patients and their loved ones with grief and loss.
- Pharmacy assistance – Our medical team works with local pharmacies to:
- Promote the most efficient medication distribution.
- Ensure adequate and timely delivery of the medications.
- Manage symptoms and pain related to the terminal diagnosis.
All medications are prescribed by the attending physician.
- Medical equipment/supplies that would be of service can be delivered to the patient's home. We order this equipment, which is delivered by our supplier. Equipment that is no longer needed will be retrieved by the equipment company at the request of the patient, family or staff member.
- Inpatient care may be necessary if symptoms cannot be managed at home or if caregiver is having difficulty providing care for patient. Inpatient care is provided by a local facility that is certified as a Medicare/Medicaid provider.
Request More Information
Rest Assured Hospice ensures all interested persons including individuals that are deaf, hard of hearing, blind, visually impaired or impaired by other sensory impairments and disabilities have access to our services and agency.
Call us today for information on how we can meet your needs.